When ordering flowers for delivery, in addition to knowing your recipient’s address and the type of arrangement you want to be delivered, you will also be asked what message you would like included with the bouquet or floral arrangement. Depending on the occasion and how close you are to the recipient, deciding what to say on the flower card can be tricky. Read on for some general advice and our favorite flower card ideas for every occasion, so you’ll know exactly what to say the next time you send flowers.
- How Long Should a Flower Card Be?
- Tips and Suggestions When Composing a Note
- Flower Card Ideas and Suggestions for Every Occasion
- Whatever You Say, Say It With Sincerity
How Long Should a Flower Card Be?
The cards included with floral arrangements are quite small. So, the message you include with a bouquet or arrangement should be short and sweet, conveying your sentiment with just a sentence or two. You might be surprised how much you can say with only a few words. Plus, using the language of flowers, if you choose the right flowers to go along with your sentiment or occasion, you can say quite a bit with your flower choice, too.
Tips and Suggestions When Composing a Note
When writing a note to go with flowers, one of the best pieces of advice is to be yourself and sound like yourself. If you don’t usually speak in flowery language and feel uncomfortable writing something fancy, then don’t. Write something simple, honest, and from the heart, and it will sound sincere.
If you’re sending flowers to a close friend or relative, it’s okay to be more casual in your message. Plus, including personal details will give your note an extra-special touch. If you’re sending flowers to an acquaintance or colleague, it’s better to stick with more formal or generic messages specific to the occasion.
Finally, be sure to include a closing with your name on the note so that your recipient will know who sent the flowers.
Flower Card Ideas and Suggestions for Every Occasion
Sending the moms in your life flowers on Mother’s Day is a wonderful way to brighten their days and show your love and appreciation. Including something personal in your note will make the gift feel even more heartfelt.
- May all the happiness you’ve given me return to you 1000-fold this Mother’s Day.
- Thank you for always being there for me. I love you, mom.
- Wishing you a day of relaxation, happiness, and all love in the world. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Thank you for giving me the gift of life and filling it with love!
- I love you, today and always. Happy Mother’s Day to the most wonderful mother.
- I see myself becoming more like you every day, and nothing makes me happier.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the woman whose courage and grace inspire me every single day.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the world’s greatest mom!
- Thank you for all that you do! You are so loved.
- My world is a beautiful place thanks to you! Happy Mother’s Day!
Pair a poinsettia, amaryllis, Christmas cactus, festive wreath, or holly arrangement with a holiday greeting to capture the spirit of the season.
- Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
- Seasons greetings to you and yours!
- Happy holidays! May your season be filled with joy.
- Sending you the warmest wishes this holiday season!
- From our family to yours, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Wishing you a season of peace, love, and joy!
- Blessings to you and your family this Christmas.
- May the Christmas season fill your heart with happiness!
- Hoping your halls are decked with joy and peace!
- Wishing you peace and happiness in the spirit of the season.
When you brighten someone’s home for this holiday, be sure to include a greeting filled with seasonal gratitude and kindness.
- I’m so grateful you’re in my life. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Sending you and your family blessings this Thanksgiving Day
- Missing you and sending my love for a lovely Thanksgiving Day
- Wishing you abundance and many things to be grateful for this Thanksgiving Day
- Have a wonderful, bountiful Thanksgiving Day!
- Wishing you a delicious day filled with food and friends!
- Thinking of you this Thanksgiving Day. May your heart be filled with happiness.
- May your Thanksgiving Day be filled with countless blessings and good memories!
- Enjoy a blessedly abundant holiday with your family. Happy Thanksgiving Day!
- This Thanksgiving Day, I’m grateful for you! Sending you much love.
Sending birthday flowers is a delightful way to show someone you remembered their special day, and that you care! Be sure to send a cheerful greeting and wish them well.
- Wishing you a wonderful birthday and the beginning of a beautiful year!
- Hope your birthday is as special as you are!
- Best wishes on your birthday and always.
- You’re aging much better than these flowers will. Happy birthday to an everlasting beauty.
- Warm wishes on your XXth birthday!
- Lots of love on your XXth birthday!
- Beautiful flowers for a beautiful birthday girl.
- Here’s to you! Happy birthday!
- Don’t smell them all in one place! Happy birthday!
- Wishing you a day filled with fun. Happy birthday!
The biggest day of the year for sending flowers, Valentine’s Day floral arrangements should be accompanied by a sweet greeting that shows your affection.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to the person who fills my life with love every day of the year.
- Life wouldn’t be nearly as sweet without you! Happy Valentine’s Day
- Be mine?
- Happy Valentine’s Day to my love
- Happy Valentine’s Day with XXs, OOs, and much more!
- You fill my heart with joy. Happy Valentine’s Day, love!
- Yesterday, today, always and forever, I love you!
- See you tonight 😉 Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Thank you for brightening even the darkest corners of life. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- You stole my heart, and I don’t want it back. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Anniversaries are times for both nostalgia and hopefulness for the future. You can use both of these themes in your notecard.
- For all the memories we share and those we have yet to make, I have you to thank. Happy anniversary to the love of my life.
- With you, 20 years has felt like one! I guess it’s true that time flies when you’re having fun. Happy anniversary.
- Thank you for another wonderful year together!
- I love you more and more each year!
- I’m so happy to be growing old with the best person I have ever known. Happy anniversary!
- I love you for you and for the person you make me. Happy anniversary!
- To my best friend, soulmate, and lover: happy anniversary!
- After all these years, I’m still in the honeymoon phase. Happy anniversary!
- No matter what challenges come our way, I am forever grateful to face them by your side.
- You still give me butterflies. Happy anniversary to my forever crush!
Romance isn’t just for Valentine’s Day; it’s nice to love and be loved 365 days of the year – whether your love is new or the love of your life.
- You take my breath away.
- My life simply wouldn’t be the same without you in it.
- I would send you all my love, but you already have it!
- I’m filled with love for you today and always.
- I can’t wait for every day I get to spend with you.
- Meet me in the bedroom?
- In you, I’ve found a best friend, a partner, and my soulmate.
- You + Me = LOVE/FOREVER/FIRE/FIREWORKS
- “We are most alive when we are in love.” – John Updike
Sure, it’s important to remember your loved ones on the “important” days, but it’s nice to remember the everydays, too. Sending a bouquet of flowers just because or to say thank you is one of the simplest ways to make your special someone feel incredibly well-loved.
- You deserve flowers just because you’re you!
- I hope your day is as beautiful/wonderful/lovely as you!
- Do I need a reason to send you flowers? I love you, and that is reason enough for me!
- I just want you to know how much I appreciate you each and every day.
- Flowers for the best reason of all – no reason!
- Thank you for being such a wonderful friend!
- Just hoping to turn an ordinary day into an extraordinary one.
- Today might not be a special occasion, but you are special every day.
- Flowers to brighten your day!
- Even if the day is already nice, flowers can always make it nicer!
Sympathy and Funerals
It can be difficult to talk about loss. During times of sadness, it’s best to send messages of support and condolences.
- I’m so sorry for your loss.
- You are in my thoughts and prayers. I’m sorry for your loss.
- My deepest sympathy during this difficult time
- May God watch over your family and give you strength at this time.
- With heartfelt condolences and my deepest sympathy
- Wishing you peace and strength during this time of sorry
- In loving memory
- [Name] will always be in our hearts and on our minds. Please accept our heartfelt condolences.
- Please know that I am here for you during this difficult time.
- Sometimes there are no right words. Please be comforted in knowing you have our love and support. With deepest sympathy.
Flowers are a great way to say that you’re sorry. Be sure to convey the proper message by including a personal note on the card that comes with your flowers.
- I’m so sorry for hurting you. Please accept these flowers and my sincere apology.
- I love you first, and everything else comes second. I’m so sorry I hurt you.
- Forgive me?
- Dolly Parton said, “Love is something sent down from heaven to worry the hell out of you.” I’m sorry for having been a worry to you.
- I wish I could take back what I said/did. Please accept my apology.
- I value you and your friendship so much! Please forgive me.
- I messed up, and I am so sorry.
- I feel terrible for hurting/offending you. I promise to do better in the future. Please forgive me.
- What have I learned? Sometimes it’s better to say nothing at all. I’m sorry for my clumsy words. Please forgive me.
- I can’t forgive myself, but I’m hoping you will. I’m so sorry.
When your recipient is celebrating a major accomplishment and milestone like graduation, you can recognize their accomplishment by being sure to tell them how proud you are and wishing them well for their next chapter in life.
- Your hard work has paid off! Congratulations on your graduation!
- Here’s to making – not hoping – your dreams come true. Congratulations!
- The sky’s the limit! Congratulations on your graduation day!
- Keep your memories of the past in your heart and your mind open to the future. I can’t wait to see what it brings to you. Congratulations!
- Congratulations and best wishes for a wonderful next chapter in life!
- Wishing you all the success and happiness in the world! Congratulations on your graduation.
- Happy endings are the perfect place to start new beginnings. Congratulations!
- Congratulations on your graduation and best of luck for whatever comes next!
- You are one smart, hard-working cookie! Congratulations on a job well done.
- Hats off to your graduation! Well done!
- Wishing you comfort, love, and happiness in your new home!
- Congratulations on your new place to hang your hat!
- Time to turn your house into “home sweet home.” Congratulations on the move!
- May your home be filled with many blessings!
- May your home surround you and your family with love and happiness!
- Here’s to all the happy memories you’ll make in your new home!
- There truly is no place like home! Congratulations!
- May happiness and good fortune move in alongside you!
- Welcome home and happy housewarming!
- There’s nothing like having a place to call your own in this world. Congratulations on finding your home!
Nothing is more worthy of celebration than the miracle of new life. Send your congratulations, well wishes, and excitement in a note with flowers to welcome the new baby.
- Congratulations on the birth of your new baby!
- Congratulations and best wishes!
- Wishing your family many years of happiness and good health together. Congratulations on your new addition!
- May God shine his blessings upon your beautiful family. Congratulations!
- Congratulations on your new bundle of joy!
- We share in your celebration of new life! Congratulations!
- New life is truly a miracle! Welcome, baby!
- A new star is born!
- Now, the fun begins! Congratulations on your new baby.
- Welcome sweet baby!
Whether celebrating a new job, a promotion, an engagement, or maybe even the end of a toxic relationship, show your friend or loved one how proud you are of their achievements by saying congratulating them with a floral arrangement.
- So happy to hear the good news!
- You did it!
- Keep up the good work!
- Well done!
- Great job!
- Wonderful news spreads like wildfire!
- Congratulations and best wishes in all of your endeavors!
- Wishing you the best in whatever comes next!
- Look at you go!
- I love to see you win! Great work!
Thinking of You
If you have a friend who is far away, someone going through a tough time, or someone who has simply been on your mind, you can send flowers to let them know you’re thinking of them and a message to tell them what’s on your mind.
- You’re always on my mind. I hope you’re doing well!
- Just wanted to send you a hug from far away. Miss you!
- I wanted to let you know that you’re in my thoughts. I hope you’re hanging in there!
- Although we’re miles apart, you’re always close by in my thoughts.
- I’m sorry I can’t be there with you. Please know you’re in my thoughts and prayers.
- Sending you positive energy and warm wishes! Love and miss you!
- You are always on my mind!
- The distance can’t keep us apart! Thinking of you.
- You’re one of my favorite things to think about! Sending you love.
- We’ll be together again soon!
Flowers can do wonders to cheer someone up who is feeling ill or recovering from surgery. Send a sunny bouquet along with a note of encouragement and support.
- Sending you cheerful thoughts and warm wishes for a swift recovery!
- I’m sorry you’re under the weather. Get well soon!
- I hope you’re feeling better soon!
- You’ve got this! (And I’ve got your back.)
- Hope these flowers brighten your day.
- We miss you! Hope you’re back on your feet again soon.
- Sending you prayers and positive energy for a speedy recovery!
- Sorry to hear you are unwell. I hope you feel better soon!
- Sending you lots of love and happy thoughts for a quick recovery!
- While you recover and rest, know that we’re wishing you the best! Get well soon!
Whatever You Say, Say It With Sincerity
When writing a flower card note, you can’t go wrong if you simply say how you feel while keeping your recipient in mind. Whatever message you choose to send, your recipient will surely feel appreciated and grateful for your thoughtfulness no matter the occasion.