Blue Astoria Media Group Ltd cares about all of our Website visitors and is committed to facilitating and improving the accessibility and usability of its Website, www.petalrepublic.com (the “Website”), ensuring that our Website services and content are accessible to persons with disabilities, including but not limited to users of screen reader technology. We are continually improving the user experience and accessibility for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Blue Astoria Media Group Ltd takes the following measures to ensure the accessibility of Petal Republic:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Petal Republic is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. We are actively working towards full compliance.
Zoom into the screen:
Some visitors to the Website like to zoom into the screen or web browser in order to see things better. Here are a few ways of doing it, depending on your setup:
- On Windows, press the Windows key and plus sign (+) at the same time to zoom in. You can also use the “Magnifier” application under “Accessories”.
- On Mac, go to “System Preferences”, open “Universal Access” and select the “Seeing” tab. Check the box under “Zoom” to “On”.
- On your Apple device, tap “Settings”, then “General”, then “Accessibility”. Tap the “Zoom” button and toggle it “On”.
Another option is to use “Ctrl” (“Cmd” on Mac) plus the plus (+) or minus (-) keys when you’re in a web browser.
How to change the colors or fonts on the page
Some visitors to the Website like to change colors or fonts to see words more clearly. Most major web browsers have options to do this:
- In Internet Explorer, go to “Tools”, then “Internet Options”, on to “General”. From here, select “Colors, Fonts, or Accessibility”.
- In Mozilla Firefox, choose “Options”, then “Content”, then finally “Fonts & Colors”.
- In Safari, select “Preferences”, “Appearance” tab, and then hit the “Select…” button next to the font fields.
- In Chrome, go to “Preferences”, activate the “Show advanced settings” link, go to the “Web content” heading and change the “Font size”, “Customize fonts” in other ways, or set default “Page zoom”.
We recommend a mixture of settings like enlarging font size and zooming into the browser for a better visitor experience.
Utilizing a screen reader
Screen readers are text-to-speech software that allows visitors to a website to read and interact with content in different ways. Many visitors who cannot perceive what is on the screen will use them to allow audible access to web content.
There are free options available, including NVDA for Windows and VoiceOver for Mac.
Screen readers accept input in a variety of ways, but one of the most common forms is through your keyboard.
Accessibility tools on mobile
There are a number of helpful features available on your smartphone. iOS and Android alike provide many tools to help you access information.
VoiceOver for iOS and TalkBack for Android are the screen readers that come built-in. To turn on VoiceOver, go to “Settings”, then “General”, to “Accessibility”, and then turn “VoiceOver” on. You can set the “Accessibility Shortcut” to “VoiceOver” from the “Accessibility” page in order to triple-click the “Home” button to toggle VoiceOver on and off. TalkBack has a similar feature.
“Zoom”, “Magnifier”, “Invert Colors”, “Color Filters”, and “Reduce White Point” are other features and tools on iOS that you can use. These are also available through the “Accessibility Shortcut”.
Blue Astoria Media Group Ltd assessed the accessibility of Petal Republic by the following approaches:
Please be aware that our efforts to maintain accessibility and usability are ongoing. While we strive to make the Website as accessible as possible some issues may be encountered by different assistive technology as the range of assistive technology is wide and varied. We appreciate your understanding.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Petal Republic. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Petal Republic:
- Phone: +1 (424) 429-5357
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Visitor Address: 11400 West Olympic Blvd., Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90064
- Postal Address: 11400 West Olympic Blvd., Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90064
This statement was created on 12 March 2023.