The best anniversary quotes and wishes for couples are filled with greeting card sentiments that capture the essence of love’s greatest gifts. They allow friends and family members to wish a couple the happiest wishes on their special day. More importantly, they give a couple ideas for ways to express the inexpressible. After all, how do you put into words a commitment that’s meant to last a lifetime and beyond?
The anniversary quotes and wishes for couples that we’ve assembled here are divided into two parts. The first part is filled with famous and not-so-famous quotes about love and anniversaries. If you’re looking for a quote for a card or letter to accompany your anniversary flowers, they’re perfect. They come from the greatest minds of our time, as well as from the distant past.
The second part of this post offers you quotes, toasts, and well-wishes for in-person gatherings, like anniversary parties and celebrations. You can leave them “as is” or alter the to fit the occasion. Anniversary Quotes for Cards, Letters, and More!
- The Best Anniversary Quotes for Cards
- Anniversary Quotes: Toasts For the Anniversary Couple
- Final Thoughts on The Best Anniversary Quotes for Couples
The Best Anniversary Quotes for Cards
Funny Anniversary Messages, Wishes, and Quotes
Ogden Nash once said: “Marriage is the bond between a person who never remembers anniversaries and another who never forgets them.” It’s a humorous anniversary quote that captures the sometimes frail, often funny, and definitely an indefatigable bond between the world’s best couples. May the following funny anniversary quotes remind you that in relationships, as in life, laughter is the best medicine, particularly if it’s shared on a wedding anniversary.
- “Happy Anniversary. You’re the perfect choice for my first spouse!” – Anonymous
- “Thank you for growing old with me. It’s a good thing I find wrinkles adorable!”
- “A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.” — Joyce Brothers
- “I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.”— Rita Rudner
- “God proved two things when he brought us together: his genius and his sense of humor.” – Anonymous
- “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.” – John Green
- “An ideal wife is one who remains faithful to you but tries to be just as charming as if she weren’t.” – Sacha Guitry
- “I love you more than coffee, but please don’t make me prove it.” – Elizabeth Evans
- “The definition of eternity is two people and a ham.”— Dorothy Parker
- “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.” – Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
- “Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?”— Groucho Marx
- “I married for love but the obvious side benefit of having someone around to find my glasses cannot be ignored.”— Cameron Esposito
- “Being in a long marriage is a little bit like that nice cup of coffee every morning – I might have it every day, but I still enjoy it.” – Stephen Gaines
- “If two people love each other, nothing is impossible. Except deciding where to eat.” — Anonymous
- “For marriage to be a success, every woman and every man should have her and his own bathroom. The end.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
Anniversary Quotes for Husbands and Wives
The deep love and commitment between spouses is hard to comprehend at times and even harder to express. The following quotes for husbands and wives capture the hopes, dreams, and wishes that married couples have for each other on their most special day.
- “My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.” – Winston Churchill
- “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.” – Franz Schubert
- “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” – Henry Ford
- “Love grows more tremendously full, swift, poignant, as the years multiply.” – Zane Grey
- “The most significant thing that a husband can give his wife is honor or value. No other quality, possession, or activity will insure a good marriage.” – Gil Stieglitz, Becoming a Godly Husband
- “There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends.” – Homer
- “Woman was not made out of man’s feet to be below him, nor was she made from his head, to be above him, but she was made from his rib, to be beside him.” – Angie Lewis
- “Many marriages lay in ruins because husbands have lost sight of what is important: their wife’s trust.” – E’yen A.Gardner, Husband Rules
- “A wife is a gift bestowed upon man to reconcile him to the loss of paradise.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “People stay married because they want to, not because the doors are locked.” – Paul Newman
- “By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.” — Socrates
- “They say it takes a village to raise a child. That may be the case, but the truth is that it takes a lot of solid, stable marriages to create a village.”– Diane Sollee
Practical Anniversary Quotes
Funny lady Erma Bombeck once said: “One never realizes how different a husband and wife can be until they begin to pack for a trip.” While many greeting cards capture the most romantic sentiments of married life – and they should – there’s more to romance than flowers and chocolates. These quotes look at the enduring love that often manifests in simple things like a flower on the night table, a love note in a lunchbox, or even an anniversary car trip together.
- “When you meet the one who changes the way your heart beats, dance with them to that rhythm for as long as the song lasts.” — Kirk Diedrich
- “Come, let’s be a comfortable couple and take care of each other! How glad we shall be, that we have somebody we are fond of always, to talk to and sit with.” – Charles Dickens
- “You meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you, and then you meet one person and your life is changed forever.” – Jamie Randall (from the movie, Love and Other Drugs)
- “I ask you to pass through life at my side—to be my second self, and best earthly companion.” – Charlotte Brontë
- “If I had a flower for every time thought of you…I could walk through my garden forever.” — Alfred Tennyson
- “Marriage is getting to have a sleepover with your best friend every night of the week.” – Christie Cook
- “And all along I believed I would find you/Time has brought your heart to me/I have loved you for a thousand years/I’ll love you for a thousand more.” — “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
- “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” — Angelita Lim
- “We loved with a love that was more than love.” — Annabel Lee by Edgar Allan Poe
- “I love you much most beautiful darling more than anyone on the earth and I like you better than everything in the sky.” ― E.E. Cummings
- “You know you are in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse
Short Anniversary Quotes
When it comes to anniversary quotes for cards and other notes, sometimes, brevity truly is the soul of wit and of love!
- “The true index of a man’s character is the health of his wife.” – Cyril Connolly
- “You are my today and all of my tomorrows.” – Leo Christopher
- “For in this world there is a life where only in love we are man and wife.” – R. D. Preston, Cowboy Love Poems
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way.” – Pablo Neruda
- “Grow old with me, the best is yet to be.” — Robert Browning
- “One of the greatest things in life is finding someone who knows all your mistakes and still thinks you are absolutely amazing.” – Anonymous
- “Of all the home remedies, a good wife is best.” – Kin Hubbard
- “Never above you. Never below you. Always beside you.” – Walter Winchell
- “Marriages are like fingerprints; each one is different and each one is beautiful.” – Maggie Reyes
- “For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.” – Stephanie Perkins
- “Real love stories never have endings.” — Richard Bach
- “Happily ever after is not a fairy tale. It’s a choice.” – Fawn Weaver
- “Where there is love, there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “A fool in love makes no sense to me. I only think you are a fool if you do not love.” – Anonymous
- “When I follow my heart, it leads me to you.” — Anonymous
- “Whatever our souls are made of his and mine are the same.” — Emily Brontë
- “In life, it’s not where you go, it’s who you travel with.” – Charles Schulz
Wise Quotes and Sayings About Marriage and Anniversaries
The best marriages and partnerships make us kinder and wiser. Partnership provides us with the deepest look at ourselves. They’re mirrors of our Divine selves, our human selves, and everything in between. When you want to celebrate the wisdom you’ve gained from being married, these are excellent quotes to fill your anniversary cards and letters with.
- “There is always something good in every person. Find that good thing about your husband, focus on it, and admire him for it.” – Lisa U Maki
- “Every heart sings a song, incomplete until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.” – Plato
- “The responsibility given to the husband (to love his wife) should not be undertaken lightly. It is a call to shepherd, provide, protect, and lead. It requires love, self-sacrifice, humility, and diligence. Ultimately, it looks to heaven and purposes to live each day in light of that future inheritance.” – John MacArthur, Brave Dad
- “To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness.” – Robert Brault
- “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known and even that is an understatement.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” – Sam Keen
- “One day, in your search for happiness, you discover a partner by your side, and you realize that your happiness has come to help you search.”– Robert Brault
- “Once we figured out that we could not change each other, we became free to celebrate ourselves as we are.” – H. Dean Rutherford (in a letter to his wife on their 59th wedding anniversary)
- “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” — Paulo Coelho
- “The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all the time.” – Julia Child
- “Marriage is like watching the color of leaves in the fall; ever-changing and more stunningly beautiful with each passing day.”– Fawn Weaver
- “You don’t marry one person; you marry three: the person you think they are, the person they are, and the person they are going to become as a result of being married to you.” – Richard Needham
- “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” — Judy Garland
- “The bonds of matrimony are like any other bonds – they mature slowly.” – Peter De Vries
Anniversary Quotes: Toasts For the Anniversary Couple
Anniversary celebrations are usually public affairs, filled with well-wishes and congratulatory toasts of all stripes. The anniversary quotes in this section are meant to be shared and celebrated publicly as your favorite couple renews their devotion and their love for one another. These celebration quotes look at a couple’s love through the lens of religion and spirituality, the length of their commitment, and even just in general.
General Wedding Anniversary Toasts for Couples
While no relationship is a one-size-fits-all proposition, it is the universality of marriage and partnership that makes them so accessible to our psyches. If you have an anniversary celebration coming up where you have to make a toast to the happy couple and are at a loss for words, these anniversary quotes and sayings should fit the bill nicely.
- The beauty of two complete strangers coming together in harmony, peace, and understanding represents the essence of true, Divine love. Here’s to the health of your Divine partnership for many more years to come.
- I hit the love lottery when I met you. Waking up next to you each day is like hitting the winning numbers day after day! Here’s to many more jackpots! Happy anniversary, my love.
- Our love has always had the magic of a night filled with a full moon and shooting stars. May this love continue to shine as brightly as a thousand suns for many years to come! Happy anniversary, honey.
- You are the embodiment of life’s greatest blessings, and each day, I am reminded of how lucky I am to be in this life with you. Here’s to another wonderful year together. Happy anniversary to my greatest treasure and blessing!
- In my wildest dreams, I never thought I’d meet someone like you! May my lucky streak never run out. Wishing you the greatest love on our anniversary.
- Your marriage is a representation of the good fortune you’ve accumulated in life. May it always be so. Happy anniversary!
Anniversary Quotes That Celebrate a Couple’s Perseverance
No marriage lasts without the strength of heart and commitment. The following anniversary quotes and toasts not only congratulate the happy couple but also celebrate their courage and bravery in the face of difficult odds.
- I hope this special day reminds you of not only of our most joyous times but also our most challenging times. We got through them together by looking toward each other each day. Happy anniversary!
- It’s the love that endures that has the greatest meaning! Happy anniversary! I am wishing that your love continues to endure!
- Every day of our lives together so far has been the most sublime adventure in love, peace, and understanding! Thank you for being the best adventure of my life! Happy anniversary!
- There’s nothing like tough times to show a couple how tough their love is! Thank you for showing me my strength when I didn’t think I had any left! Here’s to better times ahead! Happy anniversary!
- Time is the greatest test of a relationship, and our love has endured the test of time again and again! Here’s to another year with you!
- Here’s to another year of joy, love, and happiness with you! You are my light and my hope! Happy anniversary, my love!
Christian and Religious Anniversary Quotes
For many couples, God provides the center and foundation of their relationship. His Love fills every nook and cranny of their homes and their souls. These couples try their best to live by God’s Divine Will, which these anniversary toasts and quotes honor with beauty and grace.
- Here’s to wishing you the happiest of anniversaries, my sweet. You have inspired my walk with God this year. I am a better Christian because of you!
- I have many wishes for you on our anniversary. May the Lord our God carry you, walk with you, and love you. And may he inspire me to do the same.
- I believe that God puts couples in our lives to offer us examples of what true love is. If there was ever a couple who represented this, it’s the two of you. Wishing you the best on this beautiful day!
- May God continue to offer his mercy, blessings, and salvation to you and your marriage. Happy anniversary to my favorite couple!
- The love in your hearts shines out through your eyes and your spirits. It is a true testament to God’s grace and Divine hand in your lives. Happy anniversary!
- It is rare to find a Christian couple that God has yoked so evenly. You two are a shining example of this. Thank you for the inspiration of your love over the years. May you have many more of them!
- You are the best proof that God has a plan for every person’s life. God made you just for me. Through the years and by His Grace, we have grown through our disagreements and learned the true path to love, forgiveness, and Grace. I love you with all my heart on this anniversary!
Anniversary Quotes and Wishes for Friends and Family
Anthony and Cleopatra. Ross and Rachel. Mom and dad. Sometimes, our favorite couple isn’t the couplehood that we live in – that is, the relationship that we have with our spouse – but rather, it’s the couples that inspire us to be better at relationships. If you have an anniversary celebration coming up for some dear friends or a family member, think about using these anniversary toasts and quotes to help them celebrate their love.
- You two are the epitome of Divine complements, true love, and completeness! Happy anniversary to the couple who has inspired me the most!
- You two have demonstrated how powerful the institution of marriage is. You are able to love with few disagreements and make up fast and forget past sorrows even faster. Your relationship is the best testament to love that I know.
- It seems like only yesterday that I watched you take hopeful vows to love one another forever. Today, I am fortunate to witness you renew those vows. Here’s to you! May you have the best anniversary!
- May your anniversary be filled with sweet, nostalgic memories of the past and hopeful wishes for the future! Happy Anniversary, to my sweet friends!
From One to 25: Memorable Anniversary Wishes and Quotes
Every anniversary represents some sort of milestone, and the following anniversary quotes and well-wishes are meant to celebrate the most significant anniversaries, like the first-year, the 10-year, the 25th-year, and beyond.
- From the first time I saw you until today, you have been a blessing in my life. I am so grateful for the past 25 years that we’ve spent together and look forward to so many more!
- The last year has been 365 days of constant laughs, love, and fun! May we have 365 more days of the best slumber party the world has ever seen. Happy one-year anniversary, my love!
- Twenty-five years ago, all that glittered was silver. Today, it’s all gold. Here’s to celebrating your 50th wedding anniversary! May it be as golden as you are!
- Ten years down for you two. May each decade pass until you have an eternity of decades to look back on!
- Once upon a time, I had a wish that I’d meet my dream partner. Ten years later, I don’t need to wish. Thank you for turning my dream into a reality. Happy 10-year anniversary, honey!
- Twenty-five years have passed, and yet, it seems like only yesterday, I lifted the veil and kissed my bride. Happy anniversary to my love and my life!
- Your wedding was something for the history books, but that day doesn’t even compare to the history you’ve made with your 50-year marriage. May it continue to be happy and filled with peace.
- Here’s a bubbly-filled toast to celebrate your silver anniversary together. What an incredible ride!
- Only time could create the type of relationship that the two of you have shared. It is the epitome of love and perfection!
- Happy anniversary to my favorite couple. Twenty-five years of love looks good on you!
- No one’s smile gives me goosebumps and butterflies quite like yours does. You make five years seem like five minutes. Happy anniversary to my life’s greatest love!
Final Thoughts on The Best Anniversary Quotes for Couples
In marriage and partnership, it’s often the day-to-day that we remember the most. That bill we forgot to pay. The soccer game with the kids. The laundry basket that bubbles over faster than the washing machine can clean it. But the best couples remember that love is at the center of all this, and while they may not be able to celebrate their love in grand style like they did on their wedding day, they can take some time out on their anniversary to express the depth of their love and commitment for one another. The anniversary quotes, well-wishes, and toasts in this post are meant to bring a couple back to the center of their love and remind them that they’ve already received one of life’s greatest gifts: the love of a lifetime.
For more inspirational quotes and messages, see our in-depth guides to:
- 112 Best Thankful Quotes, Sayings, and Messages
- 105 ‘I Love You’ Quotes and Messages
- 101 Best Sister Quotes, Wishes, and Messages
- 101 Best Happy Birthday Quotes and Messages
- 101 Best Friendship Quotes and Messages
- 90+ Best Rose Quotes and Messages
- 80+ Best Mother-Daughter Quotes
We are a floristry, plant, and lifestyle city resource curated by a passionate team of horticulturists, floral & plant enthusiasts, budding designers, and intrepid urban gardeners. We're committed to showcasing the best in floral and plant design, sharing our experience and recommendations on the best blooms and greenery for every occasion, season, and living environment, and spreading our love of the enchanting world of flowers and plants.
Comments are closed.