Background & Experience:
Briana holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Plant Sciences from Penn State University. She manages a small market garden where she grows vegetables and herbs. She also enjoys growing flowers and houseplants at home.
Briana’s Role at Petal Republic:
As a senior contributing editor, Briana brings a wealth of experience across a diverse array of gardening, horticulture, and botanical disciplines. She writes extensively for Petal Republic on topics spanning gardening, plant care, flower types, and the history and origins of plant species.
Briana holds a BSc degree in Plant Sciences from Penn State as well as five years of experience working with organic farmers, farmers’ markets, environmental non-profits, and nature centers. These experiences have given Briana a deep understanding of agriculture, plants, wellness, and human/environmental interactions.
Briana also owns and operates a sustainable market garden business – Under Foot Farm.
Reader Favorites by Briana:
- The Best Soil Mix for Monstera Plants
- Common Snake Plant Pests and How to Deal With Them
- 14 Best Types of Flowers to Gift on a First Date
- The Meaning, Symbolism, and Cultural Significance of Snake Plants
- 18 Best Types of Yucca Plants to Grow at Home
In the Media:
Other published work:
- After College, I Decided to be a Farmer. Here’s Why and What’s Really Like – HuffPost
- Superfood Spotlight: Tumeric – Eat This, Not That!
- How to Grow Sweet and Tender Red Russian Kale – Gardener’s Path
Connect with Briana:
About Petal Republic
Petal Republic ® is a floristry, plant, and lifestyle city resource curated by a passionate team of horticulturists, floral & plant enthusiasts, budding designers, and intrepid urban gardeners. We’re committed to showcasing the best in floral and plant design, sharing our experience and recommendations on the best flowers and greenery for every occasion, season, and living environment, and spreading our love of the enchanting world of flowers and plants. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our fundamental commitment to providing trustworthy content about flowers, plants, floristry, and floral occasions, produced by experts.